Monday, July 9, 2012

A Preview from Net-A-Porter's Guide to Fall's Essential Looks


If you are ready for a sneak peek on coming trends, check out NET-A-PORTER's Style Updates which feature their edits on trends for Fall's Essential Looks. Firstly, NET-A-PORTER is my number one go to for any preview on trends with their beautiful website and stunning photographs.  It gets me excited for what is to come!  And check out their weekly Magazine online or on your iPads or cell phones which will keep you up to date on the latest fashion, culture and beauty trends.  You can even shop from the Magazine and previous week's Magazines are archived on the site as well.  It is a delicious dish!

Below are the 14 trends featured and I am hitting on a couple in particular that I love.  Number #6 is "Scarlet Fever" and to me, scarlet is the red of the reds with richest hues, I am excited that Net-a-Porter is seeing designers from across the globe using this color.  Seasonally, a color focus is great so one can weave a trend through in a subtle way.  Last year, a rich coral was everywhere and we saw it right through Spring/Summer as well.  I love red in Fall and Winter especially and its always been a classic color staple in my wardrobe.


TREND EDIT


J. Crew Lula Python Flats $200




















I am jazzed over J. Crew's Lula Python flats in red python from India.  Paired at right with J. Brand cut-off denim, these little beauties can go super casual to dressy with a flounce skirt and feminine blouse. I was actually excited to see this bright red flat.  I have so many flats, but so few make a statement.  I can see wearing distressed jeans, a white blouse and these flats and they will be a stand out for sure.
Erickson Beamon
Number #10 on NAP's trend list is Costume jewelry and boy do I love this.  I really focused on accessorizing last Fall and Winter seasons.  I can thank J. Crew for this one too with clever layering of bracelets and funky rings and necklaces.  The bigger the better and the brightest colors are so cool!  There is a way to wear them though without being to heavy and gaudy.  Statement jewelry with a little black dress can be smart if worn with a costume necklace or maybe just a big cocktail ring.  Or a standout bracelet such as Erickson Beamon's Frostbite silver-plated Swarovski crystal bracelet would be absolutely stunning.  This piece has so many fuchsia and clear Swarovski crystals which promises tons of sparkle for an evening.  A piece like this one is a great investment ($730) overall which would add flair to any jewelry box.
Oscar de la Renta

Costume jewelry can play up simple outfits such that I described previously with jeans and a white blouse.  I love the Oscar de la Renta Gold-plated crystal clip earrings ($370) featured.  With your hair pulled back, these earrings would definitely catch attention with vibrant-colored crystals.

This is one of my favorite trends overall.  Costume jewelry can be as costly as some fine jewelry, but if you focus on a couple pieces that you know you'll wear from one season to the next, then it is very worthwhile.

The last trend that I wanted to highlight from NAP's feature is #13 on "Lace".  Once thought to be demure, they show how this beautiful material can be quite daring and powerful.  I have never been a huge fan of lace for the very reason it seems so "demure", but I started loving it this past Spring as it showed up in tees and skirts and beautiful dresses.  So, I was glad to see this one continue in this way.

Anna Sui 
This Anna Sui Embellished lace top is so gorgeous.  This is definitely a statement piece with lavish lace, beading and sequins which could go day to a night out.  I can see wearing this over and over.  And the embroidery and piping makes it look so couture.  There is button fastening at the keyhole back. And the drawstring waist is ultra-feminine. Anna Sui also designed matching Scalloped lace shorts which would create a totally glamorous look!

Christian Louboutin
And for true lovers of lace, you must buy Christian Louboutin's Milady 100 Chantilly lace and satin peep-toe pumps!  These glam shoes are 4" tall and crafted with pale-pink satin with black Chantilly lace overlay. Worn with a minimalist dress, these can finish a modern look or they can look romantic with a sweet skirt or dress pant.  

Check out Net-A-Porter's 11 other essential trends which are just beautiful.  Even if you are not quite ready to preview Fall's up and comers, this feature will help you to get in the mood and I am sure you won't be disappointed.  What trends are you looking forward to this coming Fall?  Were there any from previous seasons that you either disliked or plan to carry through your wardrobe this Fall?

Cheers.



2 comments:

  1. there is something about J Crew that's so irresistible. It hits the right notes with every style they come up with. I can't get enough of my handbag from J Crew/ http://becomingponytail.blogspot.com/2012/05/come-shine-on-me.html

    Love,
    Tenzin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenzin, I agree! Love, Chris (p.s. I love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete